With SEO, you can focus your efforts on the areas that have the highest potential for customer enquiries. By targeting local areas around Dorking, you can ensure you’re reaching the people who are most likely to be interested in your business and the products and services you offer.
Here are some of the key steps to take when targeting the local areas of Dorking with SEO:
1. Identify target areas: The first step is to identify the local areas that you want to target. So if you are business in Dorking wanting to increase your service area to get more enquiries, you could target the larger towns nearby such as Epsom, Guildford, Reigate and Redhill. This will allow your business to have a large potential customer base.
2. Get a Google My Business (GMB) listing: If you do not have one of these already, this is an essential step to allow your business in Dorking to show in the Google Local Pack results which get on average 44% of the clicks for local service searches. If you do already have GMB listing, make sure you have claimed it and have filled out your business information and are directing your customers to leave reviews. Once you start getting reviews your GMB listing will show these and you will be given a star rating that can make your listing stand out give potential customer confidence in using your business.
3. Optimise your website: Once you’ve identified the areas you want to target, you need to optimise your website for them. This means making sure your website is optimised for local search terms, including the location and service in the title tags, meta descriptions and content. You can build local area landing pages. So for example if your business is based in Dorking and you want to target Epsom, you should create a page on your site about the service you want to offer in Epsom.
4. Build local links: Link building is an important part of SEO, and local links are particularly powerful when it comes to targeting local areas. You can build local links by getting listed in local business directories and by guest blogging on local Dorking websites. This can be a very time consuming and often fruitless task, so getting the help of a professional is a much better solution.
5. Localise your content: Content is a key element of SEO, and you should make sure you’re creating content that’s tailored to the local area. This could include blog posts about local events, case studies from customers in the area, or interviews with local business owners.
6. Use local social media: Social media is a great way to target local areas in and around Dorking, and you should make sure you’re using local social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to reach potential customers in Dorking. You can use local hashtags, post about local events, and even run local competitions to reach a wider audience.
This is a basic overview of some of things you can do to help your business rank for the services it offer in and around Dorking. By following these steps, you can make sure you’re targeting local areas with SEO and gaining more enquiries from potential customers in Dorking. With a strong local SEO strategy, you can ensure your business is reaching the right people and driving more sales and enquiries.
If you would like professional help to get your business discovered by a larger potential customer base, then visit our Dorking web design and SEO page to find out more.